• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Stabalizers

89BlackXJ

NAXJA Forum User
How effective are steering stabalizers And are the worth the 70$ each?......Which are the bast and will i be ok with just one or do i need one on each front tire?....Any help would be great.

This belongs in OEM. It doesn't sound like your lifted, so just get a stock one $16. You only have 1 BTW. If you wanna really good one, get OME (Old Man Emu)

NHxj4x4 said:
This belongs in OEM. It doesn't sound like your lifted, so just get a stock one $16. You only have 1 BTW. If you wanna really good one, get OME (Old Man Emu)
x2

I have one and it works great. Before it I had pretty bad death wobble, but it fixed it right up. DW + highway speeds = poop filled pants.

Starscream918 said:
x2

I have one and it works great. Before it I had pretty bad death wobble, but it fixed it right up. DW + highway speeds = poop filled pants.
I'm sure someone is going to say something about how a SS is absolutely the worst solution (if it's even a solution) to DW. I've never had DW, so I won't say anything else about it.

The OME SS is good. I personally got it to just match my shocks. I feel no difference from the OEM, but I sure do like the yellow paint and the stone guard.

Thayer said:
I'm sure someone is going to say something about how a SS is absolutely the worst solution (if it's even a solution) to DW. I've never had DW, so I won't say anything else about it.

The OME SS is good. I personally got it to just match my shocks. I feel no difference from the OEM, but I sure do like the yellow paint and the stone guard.
How's it a bad solution. It fixed mine.

Starscream918 said:
How's it a bad solution. It fixed mine.

The purveying theory is that it isn't a true fix, but rather a bandaid, to a situation that obviously (by way of the wobble) needs to be addressed.

Steering shouldn't wobble, with or without a stabilizer. If it does wobble and you put a stabilizer on it, the wobble may be masked but surely will show its' colors again in the future. The stabilizer just hid the wobble for the short term.

Jes said:
I run two on each side... and they're chromed.

You got them too? :gag:

Check all the TREs and drag like and tie rod. If any of them seem loose, bent, or worn out replace them. They could be causing DW. If everything seems to be ok, check the tires. If they arent ballanced or have a weird wear pattern, they could be at falt. I have run with out a steering stabilizer for 2 years with out any issues. I agree its nothing but a bandaid but if it "fixes" your problem then more power to you.

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
Check all the TREs and drag like and tie rod. If any of them seem loose, bent, or worn out replace them. They could be causing DW. If everything seems to be ok, check the tires. If they arent ballanced or have a weird wear pattern, they could be at falt. I have run with out a steering stabilizer for 2 years with out any issues. I agree its nothing but a bandaid but if it "fixes" your problem then more power to you.

AARON
Everything is wearing fine and everything is tight. :dunno:

I don't know if you are lifted or not but when I got DW's, my front pinion angle was off. I had to adjust my lower ca's (lengthen) to get it to go away and track right. It's been fine ever since (1 year+) and I run a stock stabilizer.

Morgan

01XJ75FJ40 said:
I don't know if you are lifted or not but when I got DW's, my front pinion angle was off. I had to adjust my lower ca's (lengthen) to get it to go away and track right. It's been fine ever since (1 year+) and I run a stock stabilizer.

Morgan
I'm not saying a steering stabilizer will absolutely cure DW, I'm just saying it helped mine. Before I put it on my trackbar was loose and that's why I had it. After I tightened it, it fixed the majority of it, but sometimes when I hit a bad, bad bump it'd shimmy, so the stabilizer helped that.

Back