• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have any gift ideas?

i have a stock 1985 XJ 2dr

i need a lift so does anyone have any idea of something that will work together in a kit (i dont want a high lift and no tires)so does anyone have any ideas thanks

What's your budget?

Well, since you asked.....
I could really use a 20 lb. sack of fifty's.
Oh, you weren't writing about my present, were you? :laugh3:

RE 4.5" would be nice for you I bet.
But, have you been naughty, or nice?

Mothertrucker said:

i need a lift so does anyone have any idea of something that will work together in a kit (i dont want a high lift and no tires)so does anyone have any ideas thanks
you dont want any tires? so you lookin at more of a 2 inch lift or something?

this thread is lame....:gag:

Im going with cash, that way you can get whatever you want for your jeep and the only budget you have to worry about is the one in your pocket :). Plus, if your parents are anything like mine, you wouldn't get half of the things right for the jeep that you wanted. Sometimes if you want things done right, you gotta do it yourself hasta

hell ask for a mig weleder then u can make your winch bumper... all i dream of is my welder sitting on the display window at the store. KEEP DREAMIN.. as for the lift do it yourself. ive got about 4 inches on my lift and cost me about 200$ and a reserved space to party in hell... if u want info on what i did then i geuss u gonna have to ask.. Jay

Last edited:
mack said:
this thread is lame....:gag:
X2
dork.gif

jeephick85 said:
hell ask for a mig weleder then u can make your winch bumper... all i dream of is my welder sitting on the display window at the store. KEEP DREAMIN.. as for the lift do it yourself. ive got about 4 inches on my lift and cost me about 200$ and a reserved space to party in hell... if u want info on what i did then i geuss u gonna have to ask.. Jay

I wanna know what you did.

jeephick85 said:

who's jay and i would like to know what you did

Mothertrucker said:

another XJ with a better engine

Hello All, as for my lift it was pretty simple. i started off by getting some old f-150 leaf springs to add to mine. what i did was i kept my top spring and added 5 of the f-150 springs which turned out awful. jeep was jaked about 6 inches, the reason it was awful for me was that my absorbers were maxed out, and it rode like a damn tank. so i decided that i take out the bottom leaf and the leaf that was underneath the master leaf and i replaced those 2 leafs with the original xj leafs. This setup turned out awesome gave me about 4 inches and a pretty good ride which also let me connect my abosrbers. they had about one inchs of play so when i came off a sidewalk or speed bump they wound knock HARD. so i decided to put 1.5 inch spacers on the top of the aborbers to allow me to get about 2.5 inches of play. turned out great for the rear !!! as for the front, i bought coils off a 99, mine were broke at the bottom at the retainer clips. i then used a plastic cutting board and cut out 1 circles the exact same size as bushin that is on there. i removed all the original pieces of the shock mount. i put a 1/2 inche rubber piece the exact same size as my spacers to act as a cusion for the plastic so it wouldnt slam on the top of the shock mount. so i put the 1/2 inche rubber, then my 6, 1/2 inch spacer on each side then, i put the original bushing at the bottom, it holds the coil in place better. i then slide my coils back on, be super careful and have a buddy help cause them ba**tards will take a finger off if u screw up, and maybe an eye ball if u arent careful and unlucky. the only problems i have had form my homemade setup was the driveshaft needed to be reworked in the front and my castor angel is off. now i am goign to make long control arms . my next goal is to make bumpers. i want to have them sleak,keep about the same size as the OEM and to mak them hold compressed air with a winch mount.. what do u boys think??? Thanxs for the interest, Jay

Mothertrucker said:

BEER.

I figured i would build my 4 inch lift myself for the simple fact that if i can do it i just a s well do it. im totally aware its cheap but im the one laughin at the ones who have got 1000's of bucks in a 3 to 4 inch lift. if im gonna buy a lift , which i will when school is done im gonna get a 5-6 inch lift till then i save my money and have a good time at the same time workin on my jeep. let me tell u.... THE lift Served its purpose... im out here in the north eastern salt shaker and the only rocks we seem to really have is the gravel in my driveway. so it aint climing the rocks so i dont need a REAL LIFT. jay

Back