• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does the top of this RE coil spring look correct? (pic)

Twistedimg

NAXJA Forum User
So ever since I lifted my XJ 5 months ago the driver side spring seemed to not seat right in the spacer. The passenger side is fine but the driver side sits funny. Lately it seems that it has been getting worse and I'm noticing more and more than even with the slightest flex (like even harsh driveway entrances) the spring will make the sprung sound and I believe it to be the top coil hitting the inside of the next coil. Plus the driver side sits lower than the passenger. Not a whole lot but noticeable when parked on flat pavement, and I'm sure even more noticeable when I'm driving.

So anyways, does this look right? It is seated correctly at the bottom. If this is a defective spring do you think RE will help take care of it?

recoilwpring.jpg

i think it looks fine.

Probably just looks weird where the coil is oriented, "the end of the coil facing out"

The coils probably seat a little differently because your axle isn't centered, check that out. Changing the length of the track bar, or moving the lower mounting hole over a little to better center the axle should make the coils seat better. Also, it doesn't really matter if the coils seat a little differently, it won't affect anything.

The spring popping noise is likely from the coils rubbing across the lip on the bumpstop. It's always a good idea to grind off that lip when you have the springs out to avoid the coil catching on it.

all the things that dont matter....anywho, all looks good, pop can be from the end of the bumpstop, or the trackbar mount

Back