• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! He's killing me!

XJ Dreamin'

NAXJA Forum User
I don't think I can take another episode of the Colbert Report. He's killing me! At 11:00pm (CDST) I can't be making a bunch of noise while I'm ROFLMAO, but keeping it in has already popped a couple of blood vessels. If I pop one in the brain the wife is going to find me stone cold on the livingroom floor come morning.

What can I do?

Signed,
Holycrapthatsfunny
aka

i can never remember to watch, thus never saw an episode. i take it i should watch one huh?!

-g

i like the daily show. it was funny, durring the last presidentual election more people were watching him for info that cbs or nbc. havent had a chance to see the colbert report yet.

I'm right with you Mr. Dreamin'. I loved the part where he apologized to the American public for having to speak about Canada for a couple of minutes but promised to give them a treat afterward. The treat being Truckasaurus devouring a poor helpless little car. I laughed so hard I almost peed. Thank God for my narrow urethra...

Ah yes, political satire. I love the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, but if you really want gold, it's South Park. Everyone says that show is so foul and horrible, and, well, ya it is. But it's actually really political and pokes so much fun at everything it's hard NOT to laugh.

Starscream918 said:
Ah yes, political satire. I love the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, but if you really want gold, it's South Park. Everyone says that show is so foul and horrible, and, well, ya it is. But it's actually really political and pokes so much fun at everything it's hard NOT to laugh.

I've actually found a couple of opportunities to cite South Park in Sunday School..that is, Adult Bible Study. I don't cite South Park to the kids, but in adult sessions South Park is very handy when pointing out some of the foibles of fundamentalism.

Beej said:
I'm right with you Mr. Dreamin'. I loved the part where he apologized to the American public for having to speak about Canada for a couple of minutes but promised to give them a treat afterward. The treat being Truckasaurus devouring a poor helpless little car. I laughed so hard I almost peed. Thank God for my narrow urethra...

Was that the bit about the vote of no confidence and the whole American confidence schtick? My favorite from this week was from that bit. He has the bullets that flash up beside him as he goes through his points and he says something like what kind of demoncratic government would bend to the will of the people and the pullet beside him says "ummm..." Oh man. That popped a vessel right there.

Last night's interview with that congresswoman had me rolling.

"Do you think they should have stayed in school?"
"Many of them have."
"He says they should have stayed in school."
"I know but many of them did."
"So he's lying about them not staying in school?"
"I just think he's mistaken."
"OK. So, do you think they should they have stayed in school?"
:roflmao:

kid4lyf said:
Last night's interview with that congresswoman had me rolling.

"Do you think they should have stayed in school?"
"Many of them have."
"He says they should have stayed in school."
"I know but many of them did."
"So he's lying about them not staying in school?"
"I just think he's mistaken."
"OK. So, do you think they should they have stayed in school?"
:roflmao:
Agreed, that was bloody hilarious...

Colbert: Can I call you Caroline?

Congresswoman: Call me 'Congresswoman'.

Colbert: So Caroline...

OMG, the interview with Barney Frank a couple weeks back was almost too much.

"So you are gay?"

"Yes, of course."

"I did not know that."

Back