• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

regearing ?

ncrockinxj

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased some 4.56 gears and I have 4.10s now am I going to need a new carrier also the rear has welded spider gear ... where do I get a carrier b.c I have looked around and cant figure it out I know what a newb right (ya) i dont know shit about axles

Well...

I doubt you'd need a carrier for that swap (but check!) but I do seem to recall seeing them a Quadratec, as well as Randy's Ring & Pinion and possible Morris 4x4 Center. Prices are comparable all the way around, so go with whoever's closer so you don't have to wait so long for shipping...

www.quadratec.com
www.ring-pinion.com
www.morris4x4center.com

(These links are from memory, so do check!)

5-90

basically switching from 4.10 to 4.56 because im plannin on running a smaller tire and these are spare axles currently im running a d44 8.8 combo and a friend is buying those off me and the spares i found have 4.10 and im plannin on running a 34 or 35 currently on the other axles im runnin 37s with a 4.88 gearing

mwm said:
Im guessing he wants a bit slower of a crawl.

Well thats why i was asking...4.10 to 4.56 isnt going to be very noticable at crawling speeds...will be more noticable on the highway though. If it was 4.10 to 5.29s or something like that, i could see.

Back