• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cure for overheating

xxxpedition

NAXJA Forum User
many of you have probably had the problem of overheating.
a fellow writer turned me on to custom aluminum radiators in arizona http://www.alumrad.com
i built it in last week and went to the desert over thanksgiving.
i tried everything and hardly got the gauge needle to move.
definately the way to go!

If you drill a 1/8" hole in your thermostat, you'll run 5 degrees cooler, old hot
rod trick.

Only '1' hole......dont drill anymore than 1. (i know what u were thinking)

Smells like spam.

I call SPOBI on your SPOBI unless you live in the desert you dont know what hot is... :sunshine: Ive got one and it works great just make sure and not have too much antifreeze..Ive had mine for almost 2 years now it aint perfect but the damn engineer who designed the jeep cherokee cooling system needs to be shot cause that crap from the factory isnt even close to crappy...If his jeep isnt even warming up he probably has a theromstat problem which isnt even related to the radiator although his sounds like it working just about right...
themud
ps...And no humidity doesnt count as heat...

Rev Den said:
So...now it runs too cool, which is not good either.

I call SPOBI.

Rev

Their xj rad is a Visteon. It's got plastic tanks and a aluminum single row core. I have one and it works great so far. I paid way too much for mine. You can get one for as low as $130 I believe if you search..

Kyung

themud said:
I call SPOBI on your SPOBI unless you live in the desert you dont know what hot is... :sunshine: Ive got one and it works great just make sure and not have too much antifreeze..Ive had mine for almost 2 years now it aint perfect but the damn engineer who designed the jeep cherokee cooling system needs to be shot cause that crap from the factory isnt even close to crappy...If his jeep isnt even warming up he probably has a theromstat problem which isnt even related to the radiator although his sounds like it working just about right...
themud
ps...And no humidity doesnt count as heat...

You must have misunderstood my call. I will attempt to make my position more clear. He stated that his gauge barley moves due to the replacment of the radiator...that statment is just plain silly, as you stated the thermostat will keep coolent in in the engine until it reaches operating temp. If I did not have a thermostat, or an stuck open thermostat mine would not warm up either. This is all aside from the fact that for his 1st post this seems very much like an advertisment.

On a personnal note: I have the stock closed system in my 90 XJ and (knocking on wood) I have no overheating issues.....in any tempature. It is all about maintaining the system.

Rev

there are two companies with the same name, so make sure you go to alumrad.com (ask for bryan)

it's $198 and it does work. now it runs around 210 all the time no matter if i go slow or fast, with or without ac.

i used to have the problem with 60-70mph and the ac on.
now it's gone. i can only recommend it, and i didn't even get sponsored :).

xxxpedition said:
and yes, i do live in the desert!

Are you the guy that has the blue Cherokee and has been doing an expedition across the US? If so, I just read an article about you in Off-Road Adventures.

spam and scam, i think mr. xxxpedition is advertising the company.

xxxpedition said:
there are two companies with the same name, so make sure you go to alumrad.com (ask for bryan)

it's $198 and it does work. now it runs around 210 all the time no matter if i go slow or fast, with or without ac.

i used to have the problem with 60-70mph and the ac on.
now it's gone. i can only recommend it, and i didn't even get sponsored :).
Radiatorworld.com sells the same (Visteon) radiator for $122 now.

Kyung

Back