• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy GENUINE JEEP parts online?

kooter

NAXJA Forum User
Hi...hope this kind of question is kosher here, or else nobody is Jewish. Either way..where do you guys get yer genuine Jeep parts online for a decent price?
thanks

What type of a part? and what do you mean by genuine jeep? a lot of parts were made for jeep but not by jeep.
Anyways, Quadratec has a nice selection of parts.

Kejtar said:
What type of a part? and what do you mean by genuine jeep? a lot of parts were made for jeep but not by jeep.
Anyways, Quadratec has a nice selection of parts.

Sorry...I'm talking Genuine JEEP (like what you would get @ the dealer's parts counter) or NOS Jeep parts, not "OEM" or replacement.

fer now, I'm doing up the entire clutch on my 92 6cyl Cherokee (master, slave, hose, seals on the eng. block and input/output of the txfr case)

Thanks and peas out.
kooter

kooter said:
Sorry...I'm talking Genuine JEEP (like what you would get @ the dealer's parts counter) or NOS Jeep parts, not "OEM" or replacement.

fer now, I'm doing up the entire clutch on my 92 6cyl Cherokee (master, slave, hose, seals on the eng. block and input/output of the txfr case)

Thanks and peas out.
kooter
OK, what is a Genuine JEEP part in your opinion? As I said JEEP doesn't make much of the smaller components. For example your transfer case parts are either New Process or New Venture (depending on the year), clutch is also made by someone else (can't remember who).
Anyways, since you're doing so much work with the clutch look into getting a bellhousing that is setup for the external slave. If you find one in a boneyard, grab it and do the swap: you'll be happy in the long run.

Kejtar said:
OK, what is a Genuine JEEP part in your opinion? As I said JEEP doesn't make much of the smaller components. For example your transfer case parts are either New Process or New Venture (depending on the year), clutch is also made by someone else (can't remember who).
Anyways, since you're doing so much work with the clutch look into getting a bellhousing that is setup for the external slave. If you find one in a boneyard, grab it and do the swap: you'll be happy in the long run.

LOL...my bad... A JEEP part = trip to JEEP dealer w/lotsa money

Kooter = Cheap and poor and hard up for aformentioned part, but desires to procure said part for discounted rate.

(I just pulled the master..and it says "Lucas" on it)
dunno if its an Oreilly/wal-mart part or what JEEP used when they were rolling them off the factory lines 13 years ago.

Koot

BTW...what years have that bellhousing w/external slave? (is there anything else I have to change over other than the hydraulics--master & slave?)

tHAnks!

Last edited:
kooter said:
LOL...my bad... A JEEP part = trip to JEEP dealer w/lotsa money

Kooter = Cheap and poor and hard up for aformentioned part, but desires to procure said part for discounted rate.

(I just pulled the master..and it says "Lucas" on it)
dunno if its an Oreilly/wal-mart part or what JEEP used when they were rolling them off the factory lines 13 years ago.

Koot

BTW...what years have that bellhousing w/external slave? (is there anything else I have to change over other than the hydraulics--master & slave?)

tHAnks!
Look into getting parts from Quadratec: they have a lot of good parts at a good price (look at the oem hard parts link on their site).
External slave IIRC was 95+ or 96+. If you search around on the mod tech you should be able to come up with it.
Lastly, don't discount Jeep as a good parts source. I get a lot of parts from the dealership as they are same price or lower: thermostat & housing, cap & rotor, plug wires (high performance mopar wires cost me less from them then stock aftermarket ones). Also make friends with: local jeep dealership parts guy and your prices might get better, and a local automotive supply shop sales guy for the same reason.

kooter said:
Hi...hope this kind of question is kosher here, or else nobody is Jewish. Either way..where do you guys get yer genuine Jeep parts online for a decent price?
thanks

I'm Jewish....but its really really hard to offend me.

The dealership has always worked for me.

Great!!! Thanks guys for all yer help. I love you guys..youre awesome. All the links were exactly what I wuz lookin 4.
http://allchryslerparts.com ended up being the cheapest parts dealer.

BTW...I tried searching the forums for parts sources but wasn't successful.
and red91inWA: it's okay...Jesus still loves you! :)

Back