• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny help

f-a-t-b-o-y

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a 93 four door automatic 4.0 (non AW4) 163,000miles just in the last couple weeks when i am slowing down the transmission is rather noisy. almost sounds as if it were a manual gearing down. it has never had this sound before. it probably does it when excellerating but i guess i don't notice it as much. i've checked fluids and all are up to par. i tried to search but didn't come up with the same problems. any help would be greatly appreciated.

f-a-t-b-o-y said:
i've got a 93 four door automatic 4.0 (non AW4) 163,000miles just in the last couple weeks when i am slowing down the transmission is rather noisy. almost sounds as if it were a manual gearing down. it has never had this sound before. it probably does it when excellerating but i guess i don't notice it as much. i've checked fluids and all are up to par. i tried to search but didn't come up with the same problems. any help would be greatly appreciated.

How does an automatic XJ not have the AW4. Did you swap it out for a different one or do you have that "other" automatic?

Back