• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 3" Question

XJnDixie

NAXJA Forum User
Guys/Gals.... It was a freebie!!

A buddy of mine GAVE me a complete RC 3" lift kit - brand new in the box. Heckethorn shocks - U-bolts...everything. He's had this kit for a while and couldn't use it because he owns an Grand. The kit will fit my 90 Limited just fine.....

I know that RC has a little bit of a sketchy reputation, but again this lift was FREE, and I don't expect a car-like ride....I'm okay with that too....

My question is that this lift kit came with both the rear add-a-leaf and the rear block spacer. The "destructions" say that the AAL will give me more lift.....but can you use both and get even more lift?

Could I compensate for that added block/AAL by adding a coil spring spacer to the new 3" front coils?

Do I need to make any other adjustments anywhere? Anything that is a definate?? Not talking hard core wheeling here - just mud riding and getting across the hunting club.....

TIA for all your help.....

You have to use both the block and the aal if you dont your rear end is going to sit much lower than the front. Me and my friend bought the same lift at around the same time he left out the block, I add'ed both, he ended up adding the block to even things out. Depending on your jeep the front may sit a little lower. I'd suggest adding a 3/4 spacer, if you are looking for an equal lift front and rear. mine was only off a little so it didnt bother me. I was also able to run with stock shocks and without touching the brake lines. Good luck

Thanks for the info fella's....

Homebrew - Another ?
The RC website recommends 31x10.50's with their 3" lift kit. What size tire did you run - do u see any problems w/ 31's....or maybe 32's?

I was running 32's with no rear sway bar and they only rubbed the front lca's at lock. But that was with the front sway bar connected. I can say the they stuff nicely into the rear. Also this was with stock wheels.

my girl friend has the 4.5 it's a little stiff but not bad with the stock rear shocks

i just mounted them strate to the axles with a bolt

you need bolth block and addaleef lol

2 years now and still looks good no skwat

Thanks guys.... I appreciate the advice....

Looks like 3/4" spacers - a free 3" lift - and 32's......
not to mention sweat, cussing, busted knuckles, and a few beers!

Anybody near Alabaster Alabama that wants to help, feel free to drop by - brewskies are on me.....lol....

Back