• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RockKrawler products

KrisP

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any recent experience with their coil springs and/or leafs. I read that they were softer than most others. Im just concerned with them being too soft and sagging prematurely. I know their older stuff had a reputation for sagging. I searched and couldnt find anything on their newer springs.

I've got their 6.5" kit on my xj
best damn riding kit out their!
this thing flexes crazy out on the trail
give nick @ Performance offroad a call, their a dealer in phx and has the best tech advice and prices

602-971-6300
or you can look up dealers on Rockkrawlers website and find them

az4wheeler2002 said:
I've got their 6.5" kit on my xj
best damn riding kit out their!
this thing flexes crazy out on the trail
give nick @ Performance offroad a call, their a dealer in phx and has the best tech advice and prices

602-971-6300
or you can look up dealers on Rockkrawlers website and find them

Try another dealer... Performance Offroad has been the worst off road shop experience of my life.

I'm very happy with the 6.5" coils but have no long term experience.
I bought mine direct from RK.
Very easy to deal with.

az4wheeler2002 said:
what happened?

I bought a set of wheels and tires from them, and when I did I went in and ordered them early on a Friday. I was told that they would be ready at 3:30 for me to pickup. When I showed up, no wheels and tires. I ended up waiting in the shop for about an hour-hour and an half while the guy behind the counter watched a movie and ate pizza. When the tires and wheels finally show up, I was loading them into the back of my Jeep and realized that only 1 of the 4 tires I bought was balanced. The guy said "just bring them back next week." This was not an option for me as I live way on the other side of town, and considering I had just given them 900 dollars I was less than happy to hear that. I ended up making some kid that works there take them in the back and balace them. It ended up being way more of a hassle than it had to be and they weren't the least bit apoligetic about it. I probably would have been better off with no weights on them anyway, because the tires were totally out of balance even after the kid balanced them. Sorry for the novel, but that's my first and last experience with them.

glad so many people are ordering rock krawler products.
When you get that 8 inch kit in you better put up pictures i definitely want to see this monster

if anyone needs rk products pm me, ill get you the lowest price.
On another note for this month im doing 20% off rk products for december, we started a little early though ahahah.

Matt

matt6669 said:
glad so many people are ordering rock krawler products.
When you get that 8 inch kit in you better put up pictures i definitely want to see this monster

if anyone needs rk products pm me, ill get you the lowest price.
On another note for this month im doing 20% off rk products for december, we started a little early though ahahah.

Matt

sweet I shoulda waited! how do you get such good prices on RK?
I actually want to get their lca skids, can you get me a price on what it would cost to ship to phoenix

rupert said:
i am waiting on my 8 inch kit i hope its good ,i ordered last week

you running 38"+ tires?

rupert said:
no i am running 35s , like rk suggests this kit to clear 35s with some minor triming , i dont think u would clear 38s ,
Yes you would. And you don't need 8" for 35's... they just want you to buy the bigger lift... 5.5" is plenty for 35's. With those 8", you might as well go bigger.

xjj33p3r said:
Yes you would. And you don't need 8" for 35's... they just want you to buy the bigger lift... 5.5" is plenty for 35's. With those 8", you might as well go bigger.
well at the time i bought the kit , i only knew one guy that was running it , and he said he rubbed on 35s , and going by him and what the website said i figured i needed the 8 , but if i do have the room maybe i will build some axles next winter and go bigger i have no problems with that , but i will post some pics when i get it and have it in ,

az4wheeler you have a pm btw

i agree with the guys though, im going to be running rk's 6.5 system and im planning on running probably some 36 iroks.

Matt

Ive asked this question before, but not on this forum and wasnt sure how to take the responses.

how do these Rock Krawler kits stand up to RE kits?

this is my opinion i guess you can take it for what its worth

I currently have parts of the re4.5 kit left on my truck b/c im switching over to all rk products. I purchased my re kit and wasn't to satisfied with it. I wasn't happy with there short arms and the flex that i was getting from there kit. So i ended up purchasing rk's long arm kits and installing it and everything else is history. The quality of rk's parts are top notch and im just over all pleased with there product. The ride with the long amrs is a lot nicer but thats expected. From the people i talk to i've heard nothing but good about rk, but for the most part i havn't heard anything negative about re. In my opinion depending on your needs you really can't go wrong with either company. If your going to wheel your truck really hard though i would suggest rk just b/c i love there long arms that much.

Matt

what about prior reputation for less than top notch quality?

im just wanting to know if these RK kits are a new line and upgraded from their older stuff.

the easiest way i can put it is like this
Everything you have heard about rk from there gen 1 stuff just forget about it.
First off the company is now under new ownership who redesigned there whole setup and came up with gen II. Gen II is amazing and now they have the x-factor stuff out which is even better.

If you take a snoop around on www.rockkrawler.com you'll see all of there specs. Its pretty heavy duty stuff, i don't think in my personal opinion anyone builds a stronger set of arms.

Matt

Back