• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which leafs to fix rear sag?

jlh

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 country and I am in need of replacement rear springs. I am not looking to lift. Which springs do you reccomend?

Thanks

Re: Which leafs to fix rear sagn

try dspov{ springs. Inehzenrive tock replacements. Put some on my FSJ, and they were great. ride likD%stnck,puithout`phe sagn! You will probpjly have to cal<%them to get the right springs.

http://www.espo.com/

Thanks Guys,

Does anyone know the difference between the Standard and Heavy Duty Springs on Quadratechs website

Cheshire, CT?

You have a 12 year old Cherokee in Connecticut. We use salt on the roads in Connecticut. Not even sand -- pure salt. Salt = rust. You do NOT want to be trying to change out the full leaf packs. Get another set of XJ springs from a junkyard, take them apart, cut the eyes off the main leaves, and use them as add-a-leaves. Your main leaves stay in the vehicle and you don't bust any weld nuts loose.

Find the write-up on the rock lizard budget boost. It'll explain the whole thing.

I put Quadratec (Crown Automotive) HD springs on my '96. Now my rear sits about a an inch above the front. I like the look. When I bought the Jeep it was sagging, so I don't know if the ride is stock or not. It is stiffer than it was.

Eagle said:
Cheshire, CT?

You have a 12 year old Cherokee in Connecticut. We use salt on the roads in Connecticut. Not even sand -- pure salt. Salt = rust. You do NOT want to be trying to change out the full leaf packs. Get another set of XJ springs from a junkyard, take them apart, cut the eyes off the main leaves, and use them as add-a-leaves. Your main leaves stay in the vehicle and you don't bust any weld nuts loose.

Find the write-up on the rock lizard budget boost. It'll explain the whole thing.

Yeah CT, Believe it or not my jeep has very little rust under it. The Old lady I bought it from alway garaged it and it only has 68k on it.

Nonetheless, here's why you should seriously consider NOT trying to remove the full spring pack:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71256

You may get lucky. If you do, be sure to use anti-sieze when reassembling. However, I've had excellent results just adding a cut-off main leaf into the stock spring pack. IMHO it rides better than stock, you get a better spring rate (more capacity), and you don't risk busting the weld nut loose.

BTW -- since you are in Cheshire, you can buy Crown parts at Bradshaw Jeep in Watertown. (860) 274-8834

jlh said:
Yeah CT, Believe it or not my jeep has very little rust under it. The Old lady I bought it from alway garaged it and it only has 68k on it.
And I am still willing to bet you that you will have trouble getting the bolts out of the front spring eyes. When I say trouble, I mean you will either have to saw the bolts off the spring eyes, or you will break with weld nut inside the frame bracket. Either way, it's a PITA.

Listen to Eagle, he speaks the truth from EXPERIENCE.

I got the front eye bolts with a socket and piece of 4' iron pipe used as a breaker bar. Go ahead and buy new front bushings while you're at it.

Look for local XJ owners that have a set wasting space in the garage. If you were in WA, I would give you mine.

Back