• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question

Last edited:
The two best sets I've had on a Renix XJ was OEM and Morosso blue max straight boot spiral wound cables.
I imagine the Summit spiral wound cables, already cut and made at $27.50 are about the best price your gonna find.
I've tried about two dozen different kinds/sets of cables on various XJ's over the years. There are differences, not so much in performance, but at idle.
My 88 idles really nice, doesn't miss a beat. Sounds good with the sport exhaust and the steady beat, at idle.
Sorry the second link leads to search, I can't seem to paste the exact cable I have now.

Last edited:
8Mud said:
The two best sets I've had on a Renix XJ was OEM and Morosso blue max straight boot spiral wound cables.
I imagine the Summit spiral wound cables, already cut and made at $27.50 are about the best price your gonna find.
I've tried about two dozen different kinds/sets of cables on various XJ's over the years. There are differences, not so much in performance, but at idle.
My 88 idles really nice, doesn't miss a beat. Sounds good with the sport exhaust and the steady beat, at idle.
Sorry the second link leads to search, I can't seem to paste the exact cable I have now.

can you get me te part number thats the best way, i going to try the morosso ones and the prices is reasonable

herreraxto said:
can you get me te part number thats the best way, i going to try the morosso ones and the prices is reasonable
You have to cut the wires to length and clamp your own ends on. If you've never done it before it can be a pain.

MOR-73226 is the Summit number. Talk to Old_Man before you buy, he may know of a better deal.
Keep the OEM coil to cap wire. Things just seem to work better if the coil to cap wire has a near stock resistance.
I imagine the Summit brand, spiral wound, ready cut, are as good as anybody elses. And they have them already cut to fit an XJ and assembled. Though I've never tried them. SUM-867625

Last edited:
Making your own is the way to go. just be patient while doing them.

Big Lots has a great Klein knock off set of pliers that have the automotive crimpers at the bottom. they're like 2 or 3 bucks compared to the kleins 20 bucks. I always carry a few back up pairs of the cheap ones. the steel they are made of isnt as hard, but for your purposes around the shop they work great as crimper.strx|pers.

Back