• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling / Loose belt...

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. This is probably pretty dumb...but Im asking anyway. Ive heard that if the drive belt isnt tight enough, it can actually slip enough to not let the water pump do its job properly. The last time I installed the belt, I was relocating the battery to the opposite side to make room for my York compressor. I thought I had it tight...but apparently not. Due to having to remove the battery to tighten the belt, I was really lazy about it. The belt wasnt sloppy loose, but it was enough so that when the A/C compressor kicked in, or my york for that matter, it would squeal.

Question is... could that in any way make the water pump not pump as it should, and cause a slight overheating problem? Now that I tightened it, the aux. fan doesnt seem to be running as it did before, and the temp seems more steady. Any input is appreciate as usual!

Justin

Back