• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 questions (2 of'em)

noresttill

NAXJA Forum User
1. If I replace my 96 AW4 with another Jeep Aw4 the computer will still be ok, right? Are there a certain years that wll swap in?

2. An NP 231 with 23 spline will fit an Aw4 with 23 spline, regardless of if the Tcase was pulled from a manual tranny.

I was looking at this and the guy says it will only convert to another manual, but I dont think so, what do you think??

Thanks

Jesse

noresttill said:
1. If I replace my 96 AW4 with another Jeep Aw4 the computer will still be ok, right? Are there a certain years that wll swap in?
Yes it should. Just be wary of the spline counts (91+ for 23 spline?)
2. An NP 231 with 23 spline will fit an Aw4 with 23 spline, regardless of if the Tcase was pulled from a manual tranny.
Yes, a few weeks ago I put onto my AX15 a 231 that came from an AW4. Be carefull though as sometimes the length of the output shaft on the trasnmissions varied. I don't remember specifics but I remember someone who had a problem since the tcase wouldn't seat right as the output shaft was longer on the tranny (might have been a cross vehicle swap though, in any case I would measure the depth of the receiving end on the tcase to make sure it's deep enough).

Back