• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I did it! Disabled my factory alarm

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
About a month ago my factory alarm decided to "wake up" and of course i did not have the controller for it. I have owned my xj for over a year and that day the factory alarm decided to work. I tried everything with no luck to disable it until i did a search on NAXJA.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42664&highlight=security

"Remove the back panel on the lift gate, it is held in with two screws and a series of the plastic Christmas tree plugs. If you don’t have a body panel removal tool you can use a long thin flat screwdriver. The correct tool is about $3 at NAPA, makes life much easier and I’d highly suggest you get it before you break off the Christmas trees or the plastic tabs on the panel. Once you get the panel off you will see the electrical connector for the rear lock mechanism. Its right in the middle in a cut out in the fiberglass hatch. The connector will have four wires going to/coming from it. Two of them are for the electric lock mechanism and the other two are for the security system. Unplug the connector, run a jumper across two of the wires and plug the connector back in"

In 10 mins it was done! No more factory alarm. Thanks Wiley Coyote for the tip.

Back