• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Same old same old

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
Well I took Thursday off from fishing to spent time with the wife. But come Friday...it was on again. She had hired a guide for me. We hit the water at 8:00 and by 9:30 I was netting this gorgeous Hen:
hv0z0w.jpg

She taped at 20". When we were getting some pics of her I noticed she had some eggs coming out of her. Rainbows generally spawn in the Spring so I asked what was up. She was actually a Tasmanian Rainbow...kinda rare in the Rockies. After re-viving her we helped ourselves to a couple of the eggs from the net. Quite a delicacy when placed on the tongue and bursted against the roof of the mouth.
Other than her, I caught several Browns. Although they were all beautiful, none were big enough to justify sharing. Also landed about 10 of the remaining Salmon that are now starting to look pre-historic. My other high-light was my first Cut Throat. They are amazingly pretty. A friend of my guides was across the river from us and landed this killer Brown that taped in at 24":
hv12ix.jpg

It was a fantastic day for sure. We ended it passing around a good bottle of Bourbon and smoking a cigar while watching the sunset behind the Collegiate Peaks. I wanted to move here for so long. It's to finally call this...home. Just thought I'd share.

-Chris

I find it rather strange that you take notice of my personal grooming. Would I be more attractive, less attractive, or about the same after a close shave?

It's just everytime I read one of your posts. I feel like I'm watching a BRUT commercial. :D

hehehe...that's actually not a bad idea there dirt. Brut smells so poopy...it would probably keep the bugs at bay. Maybe Old Spice too.

Back