• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's about time

Lincoln

NAXJA Member #321
NAXJA Member
Been sick for two weeks and I'm finally kicking it. Got to go out today and get out of the fog. Then tonight.....

first_snow_112705-3.jpg

From earlier today. Scouting a for birds.
wilson_creek_112505-5.jpg

It's been a good day. :greensmok

Lots of food in the area but no signs yet. This snow will definately get them moving down though.

Hopefully get to check higher up next weekend or head down to the Nevada border. Dug in on the hill with my pickup and couldn't go any further. We hung out a while hoping the front would drop the temps a few degrees and get the mud to freeze.

Ah hell, maybe I should go tomorrow. Can pick up leaves in the snow. :D

Always love the fresh inch or two of snow to go after those bastards:D
most days I wish I was hunting Elk over Chuckar, cause it did not require so much effort.. :laugh3:

Geepfreak said:
Always love the fresh inch or two of snow to go after those bastards:D
most days I wish I was hunting Elk over Chuckar, cause it did not require so much effort.. :laugh3:
Bring your shotgun tomorrow....lotsa chuckars out that way..

Thanks Beej, the flakes are getting bigger now.

Geepfreak, I still stand behind what I've always said. Chukar hunters are the dumbest people out there. I'm addicted. Pick the most remote high canyon you can find and start walking. Just about the time your sure you can't walk anymore the birds fly and you start all over again.

I start out with a fine plan about how I am not going to try and kill myself. The first time I here them clucking up on a ridge 1/2 mile off, the hair on my neck stands up and I packing ass to get there. :D

Here's another favorite spot.
bruneau_nevada.jpg

One of the access roads.
bruneau_south_crossing.jpg

The season for some killin is here.

DrMoab said:
Bring your shotgun tomorrow....lotsa chuckars out that way..

Does this mean I need to get a Utah license and start hanging out with you boys? :laugh3:

Lincoln said:
Does this mean I need to get a Utah license and start hanging out with you boys? :laugh3:

Talking about licenses, I should have gotten an Idaho permit this year, the number of Pheasants at my grandparents property has been sick this year, about 20 miles north of Preston.

Geepfreak said:
Talking about licenses, I should have gotten an Idaho permit this year, the number of Pheasants at my grandparents property has been sick this year, about 20 miles north of Preston.

You better call me then. I haven't hunted pheasants in quite a while because of the population in the central and western part of the state. I'd dearly love to have even one good day. It's open until the end of the year.

Crap I just realized the eastern part of the state closes the 30th for pheasant. 3 birds a day there.

Southwest part of the state is 3 birds and closes December 31st on pheasant.

Chukar on the west side of the Jarbidge and Bruneau rivers closes January 31st and the east side closes January 15th. Both have limits of 8 birds per day. I walked for 8 hours straight for 8 birds last time.

Rev Den said:
Whats the limit on bald beer brewing b*tches? :D

Good luck.

Rev

They're tricky little bastards. No limit since they aren't considered a game animal and are only shot for fun.

3456285523232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D3233353754%3B83nu0mrj

3456285523232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D3233353754%3B76nu0mrj

The pics SUCK, but here is some good Central Utah pics of prime Chuckar habitat, from today..

Lincoln, Maybe next year for the pheasants... :D

Here's some more. Time to go out and deal with the 50,000 people that moved in this year and have no idea how to drive. :rolleyes: The radio is just saying hundreds of wrecks.

2ndsnow_120105.jpg

Back