• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ swap, need doors? Fnders different?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking of doing a 97+ swap on my 90 MJ. I found a wrecked truck (side hit, fenders are good) bu the doors are gone. Do I need the doors?

Also, are the front wheel openings different?

And the bumpers? I have a grille guard that goes on a stock bumper, will I still be able to use it.

Last edited:
summitlt said:
Im thinking of doing a 97+ swap on my 90 MJ. I found a wrecked truck (side hit, fenders are good) bu the doors are gone. Do I need the doors?

Also, are the front wheel openings different?

The doors interchange within the opening (althoug the striker is slightly offset between the years). So as long as the MJ doors are identical to XJ doors (which I think they are) you can swap the front clip over.

Ok, because I dont want to hunt junkyards for doors.

Also, does the hood have to be swapped? I was thinking of usign the extra hood to make a "cowl" hood for looks and to let out heat from the enging compartment.

summitlt said:
Ok, because I dont want to hunt junkyards for doors.

Also, does the hood have to be swapped? I was thinking of usign the extra hood to make a "cowl" hood for looks and to let out heat from the enging compartment.
I think that you want to keep your original hood so that it matches the mounts and springs and strikers and so on.

Back