• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Structural question

thecozmo65

NAXJA Forum User
Is the piece of metal that runs under the front edge of the back seat structural or is it just there to seperate the foot well from the underseat compartment?

thecozmo65 said:
So then I would assume that moving it foreward to just behind the front seats would be a bad idea.
depends how you move it: if you plan it out so that the new piece still retains the overall structural strength you'll be fine

By the way langer thanks for the help with my no start problem. I finaly got it strait. I was actualy able to listen to things the last time it did it and discovered that the fuel pump wasnt always coming on at start up. So ive got a new set of relays waiting for me at the dealership.

I have removed my back seat. Basicaly what I want to do is move that piece foreward and extend the rear floor foreward to the back of the front seats using the existing piviots from the rear seat back so that I have a compartment for my amp and some tools. I would basicaly just pop the spot welds, most of which never contacted each other to begin with, and move it foreward and spot it back in.

Back