• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIP Mr Miyagi

waxing off one last time for mr miyagi...

11309951_21daa966f2.jpg

thats where they put the jews

DrMoab said:
I just thought I heard that somewhere....that he wasn't what he actually portrayed in the movies.

here ya go...

Because prospects for a Japanese-American standup comic seemed poor, Morita found steady work in computers at Aerojet General. But at age 30 he entered show business full time.

"Only in America could you get away with the kind of comedy I did," he commented. "If I tried it in Japan before the war, it would have been considered blasphemy, and I would have ended in leg irons. "

my bet is that he was japanesse.

Man...this is the first I've heard of his death. I've actually met him a couple of times. I lived in the apartment building where they shot Karate Kid and Karate Kid 3. The production crew filmed there for a couple of weeks. My apartment was used in Karate Kid 3, but that scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

Then I saw Pat Morita again in Japan at the Suzuka Raceway in 1991. He was there as a guest of Rocky Aoki (Benihana's) for the 8 Hours of Suzuka motorcycle race. I was there because the company I worked for sponsored a bike in the race.

I ran into them in the pit area. I told him that I lived in that crappy building where they had filmed Karate Kid. He said, "Oh yeah, that building served its purpose." I got his address and sent him some athletic shoes (he had like size 6 feet).

Very sad indeed. :bawl:

Back