• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Robertshaw thermostat warranty???

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got a Robertshaw thermostat that has stuck open. I havent pulled it out to verify but I cant think of another reason that my temp wont go above 160 or so (thats a guess because XJ gauges suck) and now that its cold, I miss having decent heat.
Anyways, I cant locate much info on Robertshaw. It appears that FlowKooler has bought them, I dont think that was the case several years ago when I purchased the T-stat. Im pretty certain they have a lifetime warranty but Ive long since disposed of any info I may have gotten with it, I cant even remember where I got it.
Anyone know for sure if its a lifetime warranty or anyone ever have to collect on a Robertshaw warranty without jumping through hoops?
Its not a big deal, I think I payed $12 for it 6-7 years ago so its not going to break the bank to buy another, I just thought if it had the warranty, use it.

Ray H said:
Ive got a Robertshaw thermostat that has stuck open. I havent pulled it out to verify but I cant think of another reason that my temp wont go above 160 or so (thats a guess because XJ gauges suck) and now that its cold, I miss having decent heat.
Anyways, I cant locate much info on Robertshaw. It appears that FlowKooler has bought them, I dont think that was the case several years ago when I purchased the T-stat. Im pretty certain they have a lifetime warranty but Ive long since disposed of any info I may have gotten with it, I cant even remember where I got it.
Anyone know for sure if its a lifetime warranty or anyone ever have to collect on a Robertshaw warranty without jumping through hoops?
Its not a big deal, I think I payed $12 for it 6-7 years ago so its not going to break the bank to buy another, I just thought if it had the warranty, use it.
If I recall, I bought my Robertshaw T-stat at Autozone; yes, it was a lifetime warranty. However, they use a computer to warrant it if you don't have a receipt. If you don't remember your info you used to buy it with, or aren't in the system, you're SOL. So, try them.

It may be working fine - in extreme cold weather you may not get an XJ up to normal operating temp without blocking the airflow. See what it does on a warmer day.

rsalemi said:
It may be working fine - in extreme cold weather you may not get an XJ up to normal operating temp without blocking the airflow. See what it does on a warmer day.

Ive got a 3 core, FlowKooler pump, Hesco t-stat housing and 180 robertshaw. Ive been running this same setup for like 7 years. It always got up to about 210 while sitting and idling and to 180 (t-stat opening temp) while driving, no matter what the outside temp was. Its new this fall that it barely gets above the first mark on the gauge until I let it sit and idle for a long, long time. It just doesnt seem to heat up and its noticable in the heat and defrost so Im sure its not a gauge issue. While driving down the road, the gauge isnt hardly off the peg.

I took the Robertshaw out and tested it on the stove. It opens at 180 on the button but doesnt even start to close down until between 155-160 and isnt completely done closing until about 150.
I went to AutoZone and got their premium 195 t-stat (its still cheaply built compared to the RS). It starts to open and close right around 195 but takes about 5 degrees each way to completely open or close. Its installed now and Im waiting for the RTV to setup a little before starting it but I think the RS was the problem.

Back