• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weak Blower Motor?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to just have a weak blower motor? I've heard about the problem of the resistor packs breaking and I don't think I have that yet because mine always turns on and works on all 4 fan settings. The problem is mine just seems to be slightly inadequate. If you get your hand like an inch away from the vent the heat is hot as hell but it just doesn't seem to be moving as much air as it should. The motor doesn't sound unusually loud like its about to crap out but it will sound like its cycling sometimes just like an uneven whirring sound. Is there an easy fix to this, is it the blower motor, or do I just need to quit complaining?:)
Thanks everyone.

The bearings can get stiff, and cause the motor to drag some. If it gets bad enough it may burn out the resistors. Unfortunately they don't give you any easy way to lubricate the bearings, but if you take the motor out you might be able to get something into there if you're creative.

Hmmm...do you think if the bearings were sticking I'd be getting excessive noise or is it possible they are sticking anyway?

The cage on the motor might have something blocking the airflow. It could be caused by a few different things, like leaves, rodents nest. animal hair ect.

So I should probably just take the thing out huh? That way I can try to lube the bearings too. How is the blower set up is it just the three bolts and then it will just pull out? Also, where is the cage xray is referring to?

CollinM said:
So I should probably just take the thing out huh? That way I can try to lube the bearings too. How is the blower set up is it just the three bolts and then it will just pull out? Also, where is the cage xray is referring to?
The cage is the type of fan on the motor.

Back