• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URGENT Tranny Cooler Line Removal 90XJ

JT_Law

NAXJA Forum User
OK
On dial up, in process, search isn't helpin much this time
Weird fitting, lower trans cooler line at radiator.
swappin in new radiator, chiltons not very detailed on it.

How do I remove that weird looking press on fitting without damaging it?

Thanks much
Ron

Dont flame me if this is wrong, but if your talkin about the bell shaped deal with the 2 tabs on either side then just gently pull the tabs away to the outside and the fitting will slip/twist its way off. There is a O ring in there that usually is OK but be gentle. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Finally grew a brain and figured it out, lol

Appreciate it, fyi, turns out I needed to squeeze the tabs gently with pliers then it popped right off :flipoff:

I shitcanned all the fittings like that and used hose clamps on the steel lines, I also installed a trans cooler while the rad was out. Hasent seeped a drop as of yet.

Yup
Eventual plan is to convert it to an open system, but that'll be come warm weather, for now just had to get the partly clogged, slow leaker out so I can get the correct thermostat back in and get the operating temp back up where it should be.

Been running cold enough that it was getting 90mi out of a tank in town, methinks it may have an intake leak as well, lol

Back