• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny cooler line fix

XgeekstarX

NAXJA Forum User
tonight coming home my belt started to break and one of the frays pulled the tranny cooler line into the pulley ripping a hole in the line and throwing fluid everywhere. my question is, can i just cut out the rubber section of hose that got broken and replace it with some regular hose? i know it's a pressure line, but i'm not sure how much pressure is actually in it.

oh yeah...

92 laredo
aw4

You can buy bulk transmission fluid line at any auto parts store.. and you can clamp it in place of the old rubber line, you might want to double clamp since when you cut the old section out, there will be no barb, flare, or hump at the end, unless you make that.

Is the hole in the rubber section? Some old posts on this problem show pics of people cutting out the broken rubber section and using 2 double ended barb fittings and a piece of hose to connect it all back up.
brasshosebarbcoupling.jpg

I personally have a double clamped barb connection on the pressure side and it hasn't leaked since I put it in 6 months ago.

Back