• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4way coil-over shocks

haligan

NAXJA Forum User
I have been in the need for some new shocks. I just ordered a front set of Bilstien 5100s for a 3 in lift. i was looking for a set of the 4way coil-over shocks for the rear so I can take out the rear sway bar. But I am haveing a hard time finding any info on these shocks. All I know is that they are made by Trail Master. Is there any one that has used them and can tell me anything about them or at least where to get them? If I can't find them I will probably just go with the Bilstiens in the rear also. THANX

if you taking out the rear sway bar you don't need to go with coil-over shocks. The leaf springs and Bilsteins will do a great job of body roll. I would say more than half of the people on this site have removed their rear sway bar. I took mine off the day I got my XJ in 97, from stock to 6.5" it has been fine on the highway. Coil-overs would be great if your going to a four link set up in the rear but at 3" you just don't need it. Hope that helps. Juice

Back