• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

identify this part

arhiney

NAXJA Forum User
95 xj 4.0

This plastic fitting or junction is located on the passenger side of the engine, has three coolant hoses and what appears to be a vacum line and vacum switch. Located just in front of the fire wall and one of the hoses that run into it run parallel with the valve cover just above the spark plug wires. I broke this thing and can't seem to find it in my wonderful Chiltons manual. If anyone knows what it is please let me know so I can order one.

Thanks
Adam

That thing broke on me too and I ordered one through the dealership. I checked my copy of the FSM (only have portions) and my receipts for that part number and I can't find it. Frustrating for me since I keep all receipts. Anyway, the dealership should be able to figure it out by checking their illustrated parts breakdown book or computer program at the parts department.

Tom

I second that. It is your heater control valve.

Mike

arhiney said:
All,
Thanks. It is the heater control valve. $15.99 at AZ (according to thier website). Thanks again.

Adam

Heater Control Valve... Busted mine while cleaning and re-mounting Valve cover.

Scooped two up at the local Bone Yard for $5.00 each.:cool:
One out of a Crysler Van, the other from a Crysler Dynasty. The only Pic of that part is in the FSM.

Back