• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32X11.50 ON STOCK 7" WHEELS?

XJBeast96

NAXJA Forum User
tiltle says it all. Can I run 32x11.50 on stock 7inch wheel??? Or should i be looking for some steelies....
I did run a search on my question but could not come up with a definte answer .
Thanks aaron

You can but the backspacing on stock wheels is 5.25" I believe and you need about 4-4.5" of backspacing to have them clear the control arms and fenders correctly on a 4.5" lift with no trimming.

they'll fit, but as stated, you'll likely rub. adjusting the steering stops can really help if you do mount 'em.

I keep seeing about adjusting the steering stops. I have 31x10.5 tires that came on the truck and they rub at full lock a little bit. How do I adjust the stop? I don't need step by step, but a general idea would be nice.
thanks.

XJBeast96 said:
tiltle says it all. Can I run 32x11.50 on stock 7inch wheel??? Or should i be looking for some steelies....
I did run a search on my question but could not come up with a definte answer .
Thanks aaron

I did it, at 4.5" of lift. It rubbed, but it wasn't horrible. You learn fast not to make super sharp turns in front of a crowd or the noise will make them stare. :) I never broke a bead, they tucked in the fenders ok when flexing, but it rubbed the lca's turning and the spring tower flexing.

-C

everything that i have seen sugests that you really dont wanna go more than 4 inches wider than rim size.

westsacxj said:
everything that i have seen sugests that you really dont wanna go more than 4 inches wider than rim size.

As a guide, but I bet you can find 750+ people here running 33x12.5 or 35x12.5 on 15x8 wheels, so 11.5 on 15x7 would be the same. :) It's only 4.5" difference, and it should be ok.

If you mount those on 15x7 rims your tread will wear very unevenly, not too mention wearing down alot faster. All the guys I've talked to at tire shops have said the same thing. Save your money and get the 15x8's.

Another issue you might want to consider is vibration, because I have 32x10.50 on 16x8 and I get a little vibration and the tires are hard to keep balanced and I have been told it it the wheels being too narrow for the tires. Just a thought.

I had 32x1150's on my stock Suzuki wheels which are 5.5" wide. I told my tire guy that the "experts" advise against such things. He laughed.

XJBeast96 said:
thanks for the replies. iwas more concerned about an 11.5 being mounted on a 7 inch wheel. was told that was a big no no.

They will fit on there just fine...but as everyone else has pointed out, it will cause rubbing problems due to back spacing.

60thAnivrsryXJ said:
Another issue you might want to consider is vibration, because I have 32x10.50 on 16x8 and I get a little vibration and the tires are hard to keep balanced and I have been told it it the wheels being too narrow for the tires. Just a thought.

10.50's are too wide for an 8" rim?? whoever told you that is an idiot.

Back