• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shift Knob

It's kind of a pain but it'll come off with some force. Just keep your face away from it if you're going to smack it from below with your palms, refer to "removing steering wheel without a puller". ouch.

It's kind of a pain but it'll come off with some force. Just keep your face away from it if you're going to smack it from below with your palms, refer to "removing steering wheel without a puller". ouch.

Sorry for bringing up a 4 year old thread but I had to chime in on this one!!!

That's really funny you mention that because I did that when I was 16 with my 78 Datsun 280Z....I couldn't get the steering wheel off so I hit it from behind and had my face to close....WAM! Right in the bridge of my nose...tears came to my eyes instantly and I wanted to punch a kitten! It hurt SOOOOO bad, but luckily, I didn't break my nose. I learned a very important lesson, and since that day, have always remembered that and NEVER came close to doing it again!

Back