• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding a 1" coil to 3" rusty's lift. Do I have everything needed?

So as most of you know the rusty's kit popped the back of the car up about 1 inch more then the front. I have adjustable upper control arms, adjustable track bar installed and a AA SYE and TW Driveshaft on the way. Would everything be gravy to add a 1" coil space to the front?

goodburbon said:
btw mine ended up the same way. I thought it would settle in but never did, so a year later I stuck in the puck.

Thats what i figured but after reading through tons of posts i relized that it wasnt going to and personally i would rather have it sit evenly then jacked up like a drag car. I think it looks stupid like it sits now.

yeah, I though so too. but mine also leans an inch to the right. so it was waaaaaay off to begin with. I found that the easiest way to do it was to drop the LCAs rather than try to compress the springs past the bumpstops. but that was with 4.5 inch springs

and sorry if that sounded like a smartass comment. I was thinking "beavis and butthead" when I typed it.

goodburbon said:
yeah, I though so too. but mine also leans an inch to the right. so it was waaaaaay off to begin with. I found that the easiest way to do it was to drop the LCAs rather than try to compress the springs past the bumpstops. but that was with 4.5 inch springs

and sorry if that sounded like a smartass comment. I was thinking "beavis and butthead" when I typed it.

I think mine is leaning about half an inch to the left sometimes. Who knows.

Pogiboy said:
Same probelm! Leaning to the left!
Anyone else see a pattern here?

That's why my XJ has 2 factory spring isolators on the left front. She sits nice and level now.

Back