• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remove the Speedo from the cluster

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I need to pull my speedo and replace it. The rest of the gauge cluster still works fine and I can pick up a basic cluster cheap can it be done without wrecking the whole thing?

Most vehichles the speedometer unit can be easily removed from the cluster. Not %100 sure on the jeep.

i was mocking up for a future all alluminum dash and pulled the speedo conection from the rear of mine and it didn't come out very easy and when it did it made the perfect snap sound and now with it pluged back in it doesnt work so be carefull.Also hate to add a question to this tread but what happened to mine and how do i fix it.

William

To pull out the speedo to the best of my knowledge you have to pull out the cluster and remove the screws and harness that hold the speedo from the back. There shouldnt not be any wires to worry about as the screws themselves are used as conductors for the speedo. In my opinion if you are gonna go threw this just repalce the whole darn cluster.

pete

I may end up replacing the whole cluster, but right now it works occassionally despite new VSS, wiring and cleaning/dielectric grease of all contacts. Which ever ends up cheaper I guess.

Back