• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ hard brake pedal

poloplayer14

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 XJ. I have noticed ever since i bought it a couple months ago i have noticed that the brakes are really hard to push down at higher speeds. Im just wondering if maybe the boster isnt working correctly or is it normal for the brakes to be hard. I dont know if theres a difference between a 5 speed and an automatik. If any one has any ideas please let me know

Thanks
-Mark

There is a check valve on the booster..facing the booster it should be on the left,there shoud be a vacumn line going to the intake??...I could be wrong

Does yours by chance have ABS? The systems on those early XJ's really sucked. IF so, I can get you more info on it. If it does NOT have ABS, sounds like a bad brake booster.

John

no it doesnt have abs im thinking it might be the vavle going into the booster or the boster it self but i wanted to see if anyone else have had the same problem

Back