• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

simple bastard pack questions

hemiriffic

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all ... I have searched and havn t really found answers to these questions

starting point stock '96 xj sport no sag what so ever

Ok so I hope it ll be simple :
I ll start with this one ... between using the S10 packs or the Dakota packs which of them give the better performance flex wise ... and also maybe a rough estimate of the added lift each might give.

Also if i use another good set of xj packs mixed in with my existing ones will that give more lift than just the total thickness of the added leaves?I wonder this because the packs are pretty much flat aren t they?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Just did this a month or so ago. AFter trying different configurations with the original leaves and the S-10 leaves, I found that keeping the top original leaf and then adding all of the S-10 pack under it.. plus the original second leaf stuck in the pack two leaves above the overload (I'm confusing myself here!), I gained just a hair under 5" in the rear. I have no personal knowledge of how the Dak-Packs work, but the S-10's are performing wonderfully. They have flexed pretty well on some moderate trails (some twisty, some crawling, some steep angles, etc.). My only complaint is that you will feel every bump in your neighborhood... but I can live with it.

Hope this helps.

Dak-Pak See Here ..

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57737&highlight=sucessful+dakota+Lift

I suspect that the S10 may flex a bit better....( I am guessing Here) because the S10 has a smaller payload than Dakota then I am guessing a lighter spring rate...

I did the Dak-Pack and I can flex OK...I believe the real limit is the stock main spring and shackles. I suspect that when I get some longer shackles and allow the main leaf to flatten a bit more I will get some more up travel. I will also get greasable shackles and hopfully get a bit more droop.

I am quite happy with the Dak-Pak and It took 3 attempts to get it tuned to where I have the lift/flex combo that I wanted.

First try ... Not high enough... not flexy enough. I thought I wanted the overload to stay off the bump stops.

Second try... too high… I went all in... (XJ and Dakota leaves) not flexy enough

Third try… Just about right for lift/flex and I can still tune with longer shackles.

Last edited:
Back