• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust manifold interchange

majic_tech

NAXJA Forum User
can anyone tell me if a 91 and up manifold will fit an 87 (looks like it might with egr fitting welding and head pipe from 91 and up also) i need to replace mine and it just looks more equal length and also more "cost effective"

well i saw that, but the H.O.manifold looks to have alot better design and still cheaper yet. so will it fit with the ho headpipe or not thats the question i believe i asked ....yeah they have one right now for 84.00 buy it now(5 year warranty) but the H.O. is 45.00 buy it now with a lifetime warranty in stainless and look at the design difference http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP...ewItemQQcategoryZ33632QQitemZ8015662220QQrdZ1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-9...3632QQitemZ8016037810QQrdZ1mZ8015662220QQrdZ1 <-------this one looks like the higher flow ticket to me.....now will someone gimmie a clue?

Last edited:
looks like it does to me, but S@#$, under 70 bucks shipped for that is a sweet deal, i almost got the identical item in another auction for $135 before shipping, whew

It might, except for one small thing.

In 1991, the cylinder head ports were raised (intake line, I think) to allow for greater airflow into the cylinder. This resulted in a realignment of the flange and the ports.

There's no reason that a "ramped" entry into the exaust ports can't be done, and make the exhuast flange fit alongside any intake manifold out there - couple with a flexible EGR coupling hose and yer golden. The EGR couplling could be threaded to M18x1.5 bung to accept a WBHEGO sensor, for ARF tuning or supplemental monitoring. Granted, I'd have to have two head side-by-side to make that ide a work - say, a #2686 and a #0331 (no sense wrecking a #7120 if I don't have to.)

I'd like to see about making manifolds that will bolt up to all four basic 4.0 heads (and maybe some of the 258 heads!) but I'd have have samples for construction and access to an airflow bench for comparison purposes. Pehpads something else I can work on while I'm laid up for the next fortnight or so...

5-90

Back