• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

danna 300 or atlas

drewbbie

NAXJA Forum User
k this thead has most likely been done b4. But i cant find it any were useing serch. so pretty much what i wanna know is: what is cheeper to do a danna 300 t case with a 4:1 in it or a atlas t case with the same gearing in it. now that being said what is easyr to do. i no with the danna 300 you need a flip kit but i am not sure about the atlas. Last any one have either of thease x cases and how do you like them. any info would be a grate help

Atlas you can order to anything you want, with a lot of different gearing options. They run about $2000, I think. A Dana 300 can be found fairly cheap if you look around. If you search around and are in no hurry, the 300 will most likely be cheaper.
But its ultimatly what you want to do. Is there a reason why you want an Atlas or a 300? Why not get a 4:1 for the 231? Or just save up a bit more and get the Stak 3-speed Tcase.

thats what i thought. the danna 300 i wanted becouse i have always liked them and they do use gears insted of chain. the 231 idea i have always been told there a wast of $ to do up. when i priced every thing out it came out to ruffly the same. i also like the idea of having twin sticks. and last but not least the 4:1 kits is alot cheeper and stronger for the 300 then the 231. so what i wanna know now is all the stuff above do u agree with or what are outher peoples thoughts on this.

There has been a ton of discussion on the other board (pirate) about this... I personaly have a dana 300 sitting in my garage, and a friend is going to machine the flip kit parts for me. I agree a fliped, 4:1, dual cable shifter dana 300 is less expensive than buying an atlas... just my .02$ worth...

yes exactly what i was thinking like the 300 in a xj would be sweet i wouldnt need any thing els. how hard is it to machine the flip kit for it coz my buddy works at a cnc shop. and were can i get the plans for doing that if any one has them

Down east offroad has a flip kit availble, but it would be best for your to search over on pirate. I personally like the idea of the D300 4:1 twinsticked and flipped over the atlas. I just couldn't rationalize spending the $2000+ when I could build a D300 for possibly a lil cheaper over time. My .02

can the atlas shift on the fly - (while moving)?

cuse the d300 cant...

and i like that feature

I like the idea of a flipped D300 but with stock gears and twin sticks.

I really like the idea of a flipped D300 behind a Mad Rooster crawler box (which is just a plate Mad Rooster sells you to use the front half of the 231 you already have converting it to a underdrive).

That way, if you want 2.62:1 low, you can get it from the D300.
If you want 2.72:1 low, you can get it from the 231 crawler box.
If you want 7.13:1 low, you can get it from both boxes in low.

Mad Rooster

More here

If you like the gas buy the Atlas, my buddy has trashed two flipped 300's, stripped the teeth off several of the gears. If you like ease of shifting, buy the Atlas. If you budget is tight buy the 300 and piece it together , but know that you are only going to be a few hundred away from the Atlas by the time you put 32 spline outputs,4to1 and flip a 300. just my .02

is it that time of the month again Phil? or are you just moody cause you didn't just get back from JV? :laugh3:

If you can make your own flip kit, the D300 will save you some money, but if you are going to buy a flip kit, then by the time you get the case, flip kit, 32 spline outputs, 4:1 and some rebuild parts, you're going to be very near the cost of an Atlas, maybe even more. Also consider the STaK case, Jesse at High Angle currently has a sale on them that's got them cheaper than the 4.3 and 5.0 Atlas: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415349

I mean, he obviously read the post that had the information he was looking for. How much more information did he need? I doubt he even read the whole post.:(

Phil said:
I mean, he obviously read the post that had the information he was looking for. How much more information did he need? I doubt he even read the whole post.:(

Maybe he saw that and he just wants it on a fucking silver platter.

hmm i realy realy realy like that idea the only thing is i donno if im gonna have that kind of bling ill have to think about this one. the outher thing is how do you do a search on pirate to find the link to the cad drawings. i dont no my way around that site very well. any help i thank you in advance

might wanna try out the new 4 spd advance adapters unit or the new stak 3 speed case, stak has around 3-1 and i think around 5.?-1, but the aa 4 spd unit has up to a 9.?-1 .

if yer gonna spend 2k$ might as well spend some more to get an extra gear option. dont know if they have one for an xj though

Back