• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airdrop mishaps

i thank God every day nothing serious like that ever happened to me....wortst thing i can think of was ending up entangled with a 6 jump jump...frickin private, after he stole my air....sucker paid good too.....push ups for hours....

Grifter144 said:
i thank God every day nothing serious like that ever happened to me....wortst thing i can think of was ending up entangled with a 6 jump jump...frickin private, after he stole my air....sucker paid good too.....push ups for hours....
He stole your air? Lower jumper has the right of way, you just got unlucky.

Worst I had was the dude behind me didnt have his kevlar strapped down, and his risers caught it on deployment. All I see was an empty Kev whizing by me. Landed near my buddy on the DZ and he said the thing bounced about 20' in the air when it hit.

Fergie

Fergie said:
Worst I had was the dude behind me didnt have his kevlar strapped down, and his risers caught it on deployment. All I see was an empty Kev whizing by me. Landed near my buddy on the DZ and he said the thing bounced about 20' in the air when it hit.

Hahahahahahahahaha

ECKSJAY said:
Hahahahahahahahaha
Actually, even better was this ultra short Puerto Rican guy that was in my stick.

On the DZ, there is a drainage canal running the length of it, about 5 feet deep when full. GA had the wettest summer when I was there, so this think was freakin full.

We were sitting at the PU spot, and this PuertoRican guy comes up soaking wet, from head to toe. Turns out he landed smack dab in the middle of the ditch, and had to be pulled out by the Black Hats in a humvee.

Fergie said:
Actually, even better was this ultra short Puerto Rican guy that was in my stick.

On the DZ, there is a drainage canal running the length of it, about 5 feet deep when full. GA had the wettest summer when I was there, so this think was freakin full.

We were sitting at the PU spot, and this PuertoRican guy comes up soaking wet, from head to toe. Turns out he landed smack dab in the middle of the ditch, and had to be pulled out by the Black Hats in a humvee.

AWESOME! :D:D:D

My recruiter was Airborne and told me when he was going through Jumpmaster school his vertigo got the best of him and he fell out a good distance off the DZ. He landed on some farm, gathered his chute, and approached the house. Homeowner comes out, GRINNING, and says, 'Jumpmaster school?' "Yes sir, have you got a phone I can borrow?" 'I do, phone's in the kitchen, number is next to the phone.'

I about died when he told me that one. :D:D:D

My last jump at the school was a 'freebie' (I already had 5, but the company I was in had one more night/equipment jump, so I weaseled my way onto the manifest)

I was supposed to be the last one in my stick, but they were slow to exit and I got held up by the JM. Got to ride next to the door as the 141 circled around over Columbus :D that was cool... looking at the lights of the town at a 45* angle.

LOL as we got close to the DZ, the JM got up in my face and hollered "Airborne, you gonna be OK with this?" I yelled back "Fawkin A, Sarge!" We both laughed. <Stand by-GO!> LOLx2 Was getting close to the ground and went to release my ruck... damn thing didn't drop, messed with it entirely too long, finally gave up and pulled the T10 risers in a halfassed slip that didn't allow enough time to spin all the way around into the wind... landed like a sack of potatos.

Then out at DZ MacKall (Rhine-Luzon), doing a hollywood jump with a -1B from a C47 with the SWC cats. We had a bunch of allied officers making their last jump for US wings. Was in between a Greek SF O-3 and a US/SF E-7, both of them landed in the blackberry brambles alongside the airstrip. I made my mind up that since I knew what blackberries feel like at speed, I'd take the nice, soft looking sandy airstrip... LOL It was like landing on pavement. Me and the SFC were filling our K-pots up with blackberries on the hike back to the TIP, The Greek Cpt asked if they were good, so we shared some... he liked them and started picking and eating his own...ate a bunch. LMFAO as we were waiting to turn in the chutes, the poor guy got an "Uh Oh" look and trotted off into the brush for a hasty #2... The SFC commented to all around that from that day forward, the 0-3's new name was "Captain Blackberry" And we all gave a cheer when he made it back up out of the brush... He was pissed! Thought we set him up. :dunno:

First fully loaded combat jump we had was scary shit for me.

I was the biggest, weight wise, in my stick, so even when I was last out the door, I'd hit the ground first.

With the extra weight of the gear, and fell like a gigantic sack o' crap down to earth. It was my best landind though...text book.

I was so happy that I had landed well, that after rotating over, I stood up right away in kind of a Captain Morgan psoe with my hands on my hips and a smile on my face. Well, my chute hadn't deflated, and the wind caught it, and yanked me about ten feet through the air, and I had a nice fun ride for about 50 yards before I could roll over and release a riser.

Had the Black Hats laughing for days at me.

Fergie

Back