• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97+ seats in '90 XJ?

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I've searched, can't come up with much. I have a '97 parts rig and want to put the seats in my '90. I KNOW THE BASES are different. Will the '97 Seats bolt to my '90 bases?

John

i tried to put i 96 seats in my 91 but the brackets were way off. i ended up waiting till i made my cage and built them off that but if you can fab the brackets could be cut and redone to fit. it will take a little patience but it can be done.

Let us know if you fab. up something, I REALLY need to change my drivers seat. The left front of it leans something terrible....don't know why 'cause the lady that owned it b-4 me was not big at all. I wear my seatbelt...not for safety...it keeps me from sliding under the dash....lol

You can always swap the seat pans between driver and passenger seat as a temporary measure. The only issues are that you will have to drill new srew holes for the power seat control (if you have power seats) and there is an elastic loop for the belt clip to go through which will be on the wrong side of the pan.

cant you just unbolt the seat frame off the newer seats and mout the new seat to the older frames? you may have to make a bracket to adapt the bolts right but i think it can be done.

I have 97 seats in my 93 and i am also going to put some in my 88 here are a few pics of the brackets i made

3455583523232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3257%3E6%3B6%3E58%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32333378%3B468%3Cnu0mrj

3455583523232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3257%3E6%3B6%3E58%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32333378%3B4693nu0mrj

Some one told me you can but i dont know for a fact

ccflexj said:
to go off of this i have a 96 xj and iw as wondering if you could run 96 grandcherokee seats or a yea raroudnt hat..itd be nice cause soem of them are leather

Back