• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockwood/miller jeep trail

chad

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard there's some good fishing in lockwood/piru creek via the lockwood miller jeep trail. I've also been wanting to run the trail for wheelings sake. My ? is, which end is easier to get to the creek by? I've got a 3" lift and 31's and will have rock rails by then. I've heard that you can take a stock rig through there and I've heard it's extremely difficult. What do you guys think? Thanks ahead of time.

That was the first trail I did with my stock XJ, you should be fine. It is still a good idea to go with somebody, though.

standard.jpg

No Problem

No problem with a stocker. Took a few upo there a few weeks ago and had a blast. With a3" lift it is a non issue. Go for it and have fun!
When are you thinking of going? We can make a run out of it?

Hey thanks, sounds great. I'll probably be going on Aug. 2nd. I'm taking my dad and my brother in law. We'll be heading out really early because it's mainly a fishing trip, although I'm more in it for the wheelin'. Because of this I don't think it'll make for a good run for me. However, I do want to go some time just to run the trail, and I'd like to go with some experts who've been there before. Thanks again!

Which direction would be the easiest to get to the creek at lockwood flat? From the north (Frazier Park) or the south (Smokey Bear Rd.)
Thanks again,
Chad

Easiest route

I would have to say from Fraizer Park as you can hit the creek right at the staging area.

Aug. 2nd.??

Hmm, sounds like a good date for me although I am considering BigBear again. If you all are sure lets put it together. How about camping at Sunset campground on the bottom of Millers,could fish etc. there? Any other takers out there?

No Go on the 2nd.

Well forgot we are doing an implentation at work so I will not be able to go on the second, unless we do a night run.

Joe

Joe,

Dont worry about it! We just got back from Pismo beach. Let me tell you sand is cool for quads & bikes, but other than that its only good for cat shit! Anyway my brothers front axle ring gear took a dump, and he had to leave it at my friends g/parents house in Nipomo, Ca until next weekend. Swap'n out front d-30 on Aug 2nd now!!! Oh well, we'll hook up another time.

Scott S.
NAXJA Member #631

Back