• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need opinions

Greg96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ w/ the 4.0 Auto.

We want to do a lift over the winter. Iam leaning towards the RE 4.5" kit and I would like to run 33x10.5 tires. I know I will need to do fender trimming, but just how much do you suspect? The RE 5.5" kit is more then I would like to spend. What about the 4.5" kit with a .75 spacer on there and extended shackles? It is going to be a trail only rig with driving on the street just to and from the trails. I also would like to keep the COG as low as Possable, which I know would mean more trimming.

What would you all recommend?

Thanks!!
Greg

RE 4.5" full leaf pack. 33's with some trimming, gearing, and locking. No need to use shackles or spacers. The 4.5" kit will give you more than 5" of lift.

As for COG, it will rise as you lift.

Trimming - do a search and you will see some really nice info and some really bad info. The amount you need to trim will be up to you. You will also need to bump stop accordingly.

That's my 2 cents...

If you really want to keep the CoG down, then get the RE 3.5", get a 0.75" spacer (RE1333; for a total of 5" lift), trim past the final raised edge on the fender and bumpstop. At least, that's what I did and I run 33*12.50s.

DR

Back