• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker?

89laredo

NAXJA Forum User
the limited slip in my 91 xj withe the 8.25 rear end finally went poop. the dealer wanted 700 bucks for a new one so im looking into getting a locker or an aftermarket limited slip. Who makes a decent product and who should i go with

what were the signs/symptoms of the LSD going bad?- did it just not grip at all anymore, or did it start clunking or something?- I think mine's starting to go-

thanks
B

before there was hardly a time that it wasnt catching posi and now only one wheel spins alot and a growl is coming from the rear end

Detroit lockers are the strongest and have the least trouble, period. Detroit Tru Tracs are very good limited slips also. you don't need a locker for drivin around on the street though, if you off-road and are serious about it, go with a locker for sure. all lockers work good, some are just stronger than others.

Back