• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm having a bad day

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
First I bust off a Lug stud. Then I went to apply some belt dressing and now there is a squeel worse then ever from under the hood. It sounds like its coming from my water pump pulley. But why? Anyone else have problems when using this stuff?
I'm throwing that crap out. Everything I touch today turns to garbage.

Any ideas on the squeek?

Check the idler pulley above the water pump. That's where my noise was. Didn't have any noise until I pulled the belt off, put the belt on and the idler pulley made all sorts a squeal. I got a new idler for somewhere around $20 at advance auto.

Well, everything was fine till I sprayed the CRC belt dressing. I did it while it was running. I should have taken the belt off and did it. I just replaced the idler pully last year along with this belt.
Could that stuff somehow gotten into the water pump pulley? Maybe it got into the idler pulley. They are all so close in there its hard to tell. Any other ideas?

Back