• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bump Stops

ewander

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE 5.5 long arm and 2" spacers in the front, have trimmed to the pinch weld and am still rubbing pretty good at full flex with 35's...back spacing is where it should be on my 8" rims. It has sagged a little with the winch and stuff, so I am probably sitting around 7" of lift.

I have the RE bump stop extensions on the axle.

Who makes a longer bump stop for the front coil?

ewander said:
I have the RE 5.5 long arm and 2" spacers in the front, have trimmed to the pinch weld and am still rubbing pretty good at full flex with 35's...back spacing is where it should be on my 8" rims. It has sagged a little with the winch and stuff, so I am probably sitting around 7" of lift.

I have the RE bump stop extensions on the axle.

Who makes a longer bump stop for the front coil?
Daystar.

If you mean the pinch weld up front and your contacting the rear of the front fender well with 35's and 7 inches of lift, I'd move the front axle forward so it clears the rear of the front fender well.
I cut into and folded the front pinch seam and removed all the sheet metal from the front fender, and moved the axle forward 3/4 of an inch. That was to clear 38's on 8 inches of lift.

If it's the front hitting on the inside of the fender well, move the axle forward.

Back spacing I assume is at least 4.0 inches?

Just curious. How many hockey pucks would it take for stock bump stop and 4.5'' lift, 36'' tires. I have 2 in there now but probably need more. How many stacked pucks is to much for any lift?

afd516 said:
Just curious. How many hockey pucks would it take for stock bump stop and 4.5'' lift, 36'' tires. I have 2 in there now but probably need more. How many stacked pucks is to much for any lift?

cycle your suspension to were you want your front tire to stop, measure the distance from the spring pad to the bump stop. add the pucks until you have reached that distance.

afd516 said:

hockey pucks are cheap and easy. you're just going to have to try it out and see how many pucks it takes to stop your tires before hitting the fenders. fwiw, i have 3 pucks w/ ~5" lift and 33s.

Pat

Back