• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this SYE kit work?

First off, This is a great site and I have used it for tons of information already. Hopefully Ill get to meet some of ya'll eventually.

I have a Rusty's 3" lift with a few other things and im getting minor vibes. Im wondering if I could go ahead and order this kit. It doest say XJ in the description thats why im curious.

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/pr...d=115&osCsid=30795908f6b3b5c8ec79734a93c192bb

Thanks!

Craig.

EDIT:::: I relized the link didnt work so I fixed it.

Last edited:
What do drivetrain vibes feel like? Ever been in a paint mixer? That's how bad mine were until I replaced my broken bellhousing and installed the PORC SYE.

Before that, and before my original RE Hack-n-Tap, I had minor vibes around 35-50mph. They weren't horrible, but were definitely noticeable especially with loose change in the center console. It would dance around and start buzzing more loudly as the vibes intensified.

Any vibration from the driveshaft or t-case can and eventually will destroy seals and bearings so I cringe everytime I hear someone say "they aren't too bad, live with it" when talking about their vibe problems.

Yucca-Man said:
What do drivetrain vibes feel like? Ever been in a paint mixer? That's how bad mine were until I replaced my broken bellhousing and installed the PORC SYE.

Before that, and before my original RE Hack-n-Tap, I had minor vibes around 35-50mph. They weren't horrible, but were definitely noticeable especially with loose change in the center console. It would dance around and start buzzing more loudly as the vibes intensified.

Any vibration from the driveshaft or t-case can and eventually will destroy seals and bearings so I cringe everytime I hear someone say "they aren't too bad, live with it" when talking about their vibe problems.

The reason I wanted to know is because I **THINK** im only getting the drive train vibes between 55-60 MPH bad. I cant tell other wise. Im going to put some loose change in the cup holder to really find out, haha, thanks for the idea. The car has 201,xxx miles on it so im not really willing to chance braking something, even though it runs perfectly. I dont want to go ahead and spend the money on a SYE and Driveshaft if I really dont need to.

Back