• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TeraFlex T-Locker ? ?

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
this locker has been around a lil over a year and a search here didnt yeild anything less than a year old. i know JohnJohn runs them and recommends them.

i like it because it seems to have "designed-out" some of the things that i didnt like about the ARB. and i would guess ARB holds several patents that pretty much require any competitor to make a totally new design anyways. it's a lil steep in price but i think it's worth geting.

i'm weighing the pros/cons of the T-Locker against the OX locker.

anyone else have any real experience with these?

thanks guys!!

just curious what you don't like about the ARB?
usually when you design around a patent, you're compromising. ;)

MMIXJ said:

i hate extensive sub-systems like air lines, solenoids and compressors. and the internal mods to install the ARB add to the "pain in the a$$" factor. the T seems to have eliminated alot of the additional stuff, i know it has an airline but the over-all system is considerably smaller. i this is a rig that will be trail driven as well as year round street driven so i will not put a Detroit or anything non-selectable in the rig that will drive my family in the snow. otherwise it would be Detroit F/R.

MMIXJ said:

The T-Locker keeps all the air seals out of the housing. So WHEN your ARB starts leaking you have to pull the diff to put new seals in, not so with the T-Locker.

Back