• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How was Tellico?

Carpenter

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after working on the heep until 10:30 Friday night to get a bad clutch master cylinder fixed I still ended up missing the ride. I had a friend heading that way and he offered to trailer the XJ but halfway to Chattanooga his truck caught on fire. It was only a bad headlight switch but we were left without headlights and the cab filled up with smoke. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find parts at 4:30 in the morning. We didn't get back on the road until 10:00 so I just unloaded the Jeep and came home. How did the ride go? Any carnage? What trails did you guys ride? I hope everyone had a good time. There is a upper moderate ride in Monteagle this coming weekend if anyone is up for more riding.

Well,if one word could sum it up,I'd say "slick". We ran down upper 2,and I think we did parts of 4,5,&6. I'm not all that familiar with the trail #'s,though,so I could be wrong. All in all,we had a blast. Dale*ROXJEEPER*got a crushed lower rear quarter(hey,Dale,it just adds caracter :lol: ),and Mark*Mark-WNC* took out his rear Bushwhacker flare,Andy*a-mechanic*took out his rear factory flare,and me,Mike*Georgia Mike* got a scratched up fuel filler door(one of the very few benifits of having no flares to rip off :? ) All this happened in the same place,same rock,upper 2. Wish you could've made it,man. And sorry to hear about you and your friend's misfortune! Maybe next time,eh? :D

Sorry to here about that Wes but maybe next time...

To add to the carnage list We gat rear Q, Fenderflare was pulled out a little and rear DS Light Assambly...

Also the YJ John from Atalnat/Flordia tore his top

all damage was at one spot on upper 2

We ran upper 2 to 6 to 4 to 5 and out....

Had a great time guys and mybe we can make it a yearly event for us...

So where are we headed next..LOL Scott our friend in the TJ wants to check out Summertown....

Sounds like you all had an eventful weekend. I wish I could have been there. Summertown would be good for me and I think it would be a good ride, especially if it rains.

Hey Kudzu
Sorry we didnt make it back before you all left,
We got tied up on the top of upper 2 by some
toyota land cruiser guys with a tire off the wheel.
I did find the rubber trim strip off of my flare though.
I had a great time,
see ya next time.
Oh yeh the guy with me said he wants to buy
some raffle tickets as soon as we get them.

MarkWNC

Back