• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does a 33" tire lay flat in the back?

TLange

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says. Will the tail gate close with a 33" tire laying flat on the floor of the cargo area with the rear seat in the up position?

TIA!

deflate it to 5-6 psi and it will fit flat, plus the seat can remain latched upright.

I've seen 35" MTRs lay flat also.

I have a 33x12.50 BFG AT flat in mine.

nice to see you again - how are you likeing the snow?

XJ_ranger said:
I have a 33x12.50 BFG AT flat in mine.

nice to see you again - how are you likeing the snow?

Good to hear from you too. The snow today is melting as soon as it hit the ground. No fun at all.

I'm thinking of upgrading to 33" tires soon. I don't want to hang a tire off my bumper. Sounds like I may have to use a BFH to clearance the rear seat back if I want it to latch. Remember the rear sub frame for my cage that bolts flat on the floor? The tire will lay 1" higher then normal.

I have laid a 33x12.50 TSL fully inflated in my back with no problems whatsoever. It fit so perfectly with the tail gate that I didn't have to use anything to hold it in place either.

My fully inflated 33"x11.5" BFG MT spare tire lays flat in the back. Hatch shuts just fine. I still have enough room to pack my tool box next to it.

Brian

TLange said:
Good to hear from you too. The snow today is melting as soon as it hit the ground. No fun at all.

I'm thinking of upgrading to 33" tires soon. I don't want to hang a tire off my bumper. Sounds like I may have to use a BFH to clearance the rear seat back if I want it to latch. Remember the rear sub frame for my cage that bolts flat on the floor? The tire will lay 1" higher then normal.

mine lays flat with no issues, and i dont think that 1" higher would change anything...

i have probably 2" before the latch "bump" in the hatch would hit the tire... but my spare is missing some tread...

i am thinking on pulling the rear seat out completely to afford more room, and make it so that i cant seat anyone back there (less gas waisted driving friends around) that and i have a 2 door, so it kinda makes sense...

I have a 35X12.5X15 Dunlop mudrover laying flat in the hatch area. I even got the rear seat to latch.

My home www.pa-wheeling.com

Back