• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for new carpet

alpinetiburon04

NAXJA Forum User
I'm re-doing the interior of my 91. Any opinions on whomto buy new carpet from? I'm probably going with a black interior. I was on a few sites, but all the carpet looks the same to me. Has anyone done this with any car or truck before and had good results? I'm not looking to spend more than $250 for the front adn back carpets combined.

I ordered new carpet for our 96 XJ and it turned out pretty well. I got it from www.stockinteriors.com and it was around what you are wanting to spend. It was somewhat molded and I ended up with some baggy areas but overall it was ok. You will have to do all the trimming around the edges, cutting of the holes and some work to make it fit just right. I don't know if any other manufacturers would have a better fitting kit or not.

There was a thread several months ago initiated by Eagle. One suggested site was www.auto-interior.com/jeep1.htm#Cherokee. I believe full carpet for an XJ is around $215.

I have been intending to ask if anyone has installed carpet from these people and if they are satisfied with the overall fit and quality.

That's who I was thinking of using. You can't beat $215, but I can't find a way to get samples (haven't bothered to call yet) and I don't know how the fit is going to turn out.

stock interiors will send you about as many free samples as you wish. I got just about every shade from grey to black to find the one that I liked.

im in the same process,but im using black indoor/outdoor carpet. $20 for the rear. not molded, but you can use a heat gun. i should have pics this weekend

I have black front & rear carpet out of a 93 cherokee 2-door automatic (don't know if there's any difference between models). It looks to be replacement carpet with about 6 months of use (leaves/dirt) on it. There's no stains or damage to the top of the carpet, it just needs vacuumed.

I'll sell it for shipping costs & $50 if anyone's interested.

Try accmats.com. They are the ones who make the carpet Pelican mentioned earlier. I dont know if things have changed any but they used to send out samples and from what I hear their products are pretty good.

Back