• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Or Mile Marker 8000lb winch

Trbocharg

NAXJA Forum User
Hello im pretty new to this stuff. I have a 1997 xj and I just added a warn front bumper..The next step is a winch. The two winches that ive been looking at are the Warn M8000 with roller Fairlead and 100 feet wire rope and the Mile marker PE8000.
I found the warn for 652 shipped and the Mile marker for 450 shipped.
Is it worth it to spend the extra 200 for the warn?
What are the main differences between the two?
Is a 8000lb winch enough for my XJ?
This will be my first winch and i would really like it to last I live in florida and the sun and salt tend to eat through everything metal.
I want to do this once and buy the right products that will last and perform.
I have searched for this topic and i can not find any posts that compare the two.
Please help me out.

Thanks,
Adam

Forget roller fairleed. I've had mine on and now I went back to hawse as the roller just kept getting in the way when I had to back of a ledge to take a different approach to it.
In any case, while 9K would be nice, 8K will be plenty for the jeep and with a snatch block you should have no problems.

I found the Warn M800 with Hawse Fairlead for 592 shipped but im worried that 80 feet of cable is not going to be long enough.
I also found a mile marker E9000 winch for about 550 shipped.
I truthfully have no idea what i should buy.

Trbocharg said:
I found the Warn M800 with Hawse Fairlead for 592 shipped but im worried that 80 feet of cable is not going to be long enough.
I also found a mile marker E9000 winch for about 550 shipped.
I truthfully have no idea what i should buy.
80 feet of cable is a LOT :D
While 100' is a fair amount more, when I bought my m8k, I decided that sooner rather than later I will probably end up with a synthetic line so no sense of spending the extra $ for 20'

I have the mile marker and it over heated when I wound the line in a parking lot with a slight grade. If it will over heat and quit with a slight grade I hate to think of making a long pull with it when I need it. Other wise it works great; But, I always make short pulls.

what, nobody mentions T-Max winches?

I am sure that you have heard the expression "You get what you pay for." In the case of winches, I believe this statement applies.

I recently purchased a Warn xd9000i. It came with the multi mount, hawse, 125' 5/16 cable, reciever pin, remote, and wiring, with solenoid for front and rear. The reason I got the winch to mount on the rear is so I can pull people up the trail I just went on. :laugh3: I paid $995 from Sports Trailers on ebay. Check thier prices out in comparison to others. I bet you find them to be very reasonable, as I did. They pay for the shipping and customer service is excellent.

I pulled a 79 Blazer, with one ton running gear, from 115' (a very long way), up a grade and did not have to stop the winch at all. It barley even bogged down. I believe an 8000 pound winch is probably plenty, but I like to go over board.

As for the differences between the two, you can find that info. on thier perspective websites. Warn has the reputation they do because they put out a great product. Spend the extra money, it is well worth it.

I have a Milemarker E9000.......Buy the Warn, any Warn is better!

The mile markers are permanent magnet, Warns are series wound.

I chose to buy a Warn m8000 and I am really happy with it. Spend the extra money and buy american.

Back