• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Fender trimming pictures

Kevin3151

NAXJA Forum User
> We trimmed our fenders yesterday at my place. Here's how mine turned out:
>
> http://shell.exo.com/~cal/socalxj/Fendertrim/
>
> I ended up bobbing the rears on both sides and repainting etc. I cut
> and folded them in and used sheet metal screws to hold it together. I
> will probably try and weld them one day with my mig but those screws
> seem to be holding well. I also moved up the stock flares a bit. The fronts I did a few months ago.
>
> KH
>

Yea, thanks!
I drew it out first in dry erase marker then used an air body saw. The air body saw is real easy to control but the blade is soft and it takes about one blade per side. Then I went to pep boys and bought the black trim stuff to cover it. The black trim stuff really gives it a finishing touch. I may re attach and cut my front flares some day, but it has been fine so far. I guess if I get a fix it ticket I will.
KH

In my last post I said that I bought black trim stuff from pep boys. It wasnt expensive. maybe its called door edge gaurd or something?
KH

If you go to a junkyard with Suzuki Samurais in it, the door edge (actually on the BODY) is perfect for that stuff. It's thicker and has metal in it (i think) because it holds any shape like wire does, It's about 4 times as thick as the AutoZone stuff. Just a thought.

I just saw the pic of the rear where you took off the very back behind the rear wheel well. You cut along the wrong ridge (I did the same thing) then I went back and cut along the upper ridge that lines up with the bottom of the tail lignt. If you ever replace the rear bumper with a stout steel one, you'll notice the rear edge of your body won't look right the way you have it.

Interesting, I see your point. I am actually buying the steel this week to make a bumper to cover that up. I think I can make it look good the way it is, but you have me thinking. I will post more pictures as I figure it out... I'd hate to cut again because my folds are so nice the way it is.
KH

Back