• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well boys I graduated!!!!(with flying colors)

Olive

NAXJA Forum User
Well my 6.5 weeks of basic training in the USAF is over. I figured I'd give you guys all a quick hello and tell you I'm out. I graduated with a spare ribbon on my chest because I'm pretty darn good with that M16 that we use. We only got to shoot it on semi though I wanted to use the burst feature cause I never got to shoot a real machine gun ooh well I'll get to use machine guns and other cool rifles(can you say .50 cal) at my EOD(explosive ordanance disposal) school in florida. It seems there's a lot of kids going to the same place as me but since there's a 60%-80% failure rate not much of them will be there with me in the end. Failure is not an option for me. I want to blow things up for a living soooo bad. Where else do you get paid to play with explosives? I'll check back here when I get a chance again. It could be a few days, it could be a few weeks I don't know.

Man do I miss my XJ!

Ooh on an side note anyone want to replace my Ujoints, draglink, and tie rod for me while it sits at my house?(j/k) My parents took it for inspection and they said they won't do it unless those parts are fixed. They want to charge $377 to do that. If I were home I'd do it myself, but it looks like I'm going to have to pay this time(damnit).

Glad to hear the good news Adam. Blowing stuff up for a living? What's wrong wtih you dude? I'm gonna be scared to piss you off....you'll probabaly steal grenades for personal use. j/k. If you give me 250 bucks I'll do the work for you. :twisted: When, if ever, are you coming back wth time to wheel? Well, I'm off....good luck with everything else you are headed to. _nicko_

Congratulations!

I just recently saw Full Metal Jacket... was it anything like that? Did they shave your head and terrorize you with insults, Maggot? BTW, what is your major malfunction?!

Congrats Olive! Glad to hear you are proficient with the 16. A great many folks who enter & leave the service never adjusted to the simple mission of being there to zap the enemy. The sidearm, rifle, & knife are usually the most handy tools available...Constantly train, and don't squander training opportunities.

See about volunteering for Special Operations... I dunno if you had to pick a job or what, but see how you like the millitary life. If all is good to go, and you are hungry for more...dig in deeper. Never pass up an opportunity for more training, whether it's correspondence courses, night classes either on base or in the local comm. coll. and different job related schools/classes

CCT you would get to be there on the ground helping direct airstrikes. Thats REALLY blowing things (& enemy) up!!!

or ParaRescue, where you get to swoop in and pluck other fools from the jaws of death.

either way, the S.O. training won't be anything near as easy as boot-camp unless you are in super-shape (keep yourself in the PT mindset if ya can) and ready to have your head screwed with much more creatively. 5-90 can expound on this side of the AF better than I can as an ex Army E6.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Woody

Well woody, I didn't have to pick a job, but I got to. I chose EOD because it sounds like a whole ton of fun. Even though only 1 in 4 people earn the badge. I'm have completed 2 days of class so far, and tested once. I'm doing great, and just have a nack for all this explosive and weapon stuff. A lot of what we're learning about I have some prior knowledge some way or another. Special forces is always an option, but I think I might stay with EOD. In EOD I always have the opportunity to work with the U.S. Secret Service, or train for combat missions and sometimes get teamed up with a special forces team for certain things. I have a nice balance with my chosen carreer field. So far 2 people dropped out of the prelim training.

Back