• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to make WJ trackbar adjustable?

Littlewhitexj said:
sell it and buy an adjustable one. Its more work than its worth.
Of if you got more time (and skills) than money, make a pair. I think buying a set is the best option though.

BTW, Im getting ready to do a bit of a lift myself, anyone got a link (for the two of us) for adjustable lower control arms??

TIA!
Andrew

It 1" thick solid.
I cut it @ the axel end.
I Could sleave it with 1" ISD tubing, But i think would be two thick and cause clearance issues?

Could I have fine threads...Threaded male and female on the bar. I have picture but dnohow to post.

Also BTW the t-bar had a Lead wieght clamped on the axel end side. I gessing is has somthing to do with unsprung wieght??

I want to kepp the factory hard rubber bushings.

All this for what, to end up with a trackbar that still binds up when flexed??????

It won't bind because of the wrist jiont.

I like the factory bends for diff. housing clearance.\

The main reason I need it adjustable is so when I ad a winch and or when the 8" SkyJaker coils settle I can Center the axel.
Also the frame(unibody)end has the same bushing as the axel end. Not a ball joint like the factoruy xj\zj\tj.

I will be changeing my draglink to pitman are ataching point:
from a ball joint to Track bar bushing with no down travel bind.

I'm anticepating needind limit straps/cable or chain to protect my shocks from bottoming out.

This jeep will be launched into the air from time to time. Going off jumps/rairoad tracks, ect.

Any input on cutting threads in my 1" thick trackbar? could this be done mabye with a lathe?

Back